UniServer WPReMix is a portable local server for Windows Operating System, which comes prepacked with WordPress. Its a simple zip package, you just have to extract and run, you will get a fully configured WordPress installed and ready for your test or local development. I made this to make things super easy for new WordPress developer. Its light weight, and no more server and port configuration.
# Configured with WordPress 3.6
# WordPress Default Theme Unit Test Content
# Default WordPress Standard Unit Test Settings
# Apache 2.4.6
# MySQL 5.5.33
# PHP 5.4.19
# phpMyAdmin 4.0.5
And all other things you get with UniServer
If you are wondering its based on UniServer, which is based on WAMP and licensed in the Apache way.
1. Download & Extract
2. Put the “UniSrver” in a root drive, like C: drive or D: drive. Don’t put it inside sub-directory.
3. Run “Start_as_program.exe” or “Start_as_service.exe” to start server.
4. Start both Apache & MySQL
5. Now Visit “localhost” or “http://localhost/” from any browser.
# Access WordPress Home at – http://localhost/wp/
# Access WordPress Dashboard at – http://localhost/wp/wp-admin/
The WordPress Logins and MySQL Database details are inside in the Readme.txt file.
1) Bangla – শুধুমাত্র ওয়ার্ডপ্রেসের জন্য পোর্টেবল লোকাল সার্ভার! (Thanks to Raziur Rahman)
# This is just for testing purpose locally. Please change all password and DB info immediately.
# Though its very easily possible to make this server accessible externally, but I dont recommend that.
# As a safety measure I have disabled the bot access and Search Engine crawling.
Leave a Reply